The new ministers and the ministers holding new portfolios in the 3rd Victor Ponta Cabinet were sworn in before the president of Romania at the presidential Cotroceni Palace Wednesday evening.
Attending the ceremony were Prime Minister Victor Ponta, the Chamber of Deputies Speaker Valeriu Zgonea and interim Senate President Cristian Dumitrescu, alongside presidential aides.
The Cabinet members having been sworn in at Cotroceni are:
* Gabriel Oprea, Vice Prime Minister, Minister of Internal Affairs
* Daniel Constantin, Vice Prime Minister, Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development
* Hunor Kelemen, Vice Prime Minister, Minister of Culture
* Ioana-Maria Petrescu, Minister of Public Finances
* Korodi Attila, Minister of Environment and Climate Changes
* Constantin Nita, Economy Minister
* Alexandru-Razvan Cotovelea, Minister for the Information Society
* Nicolae Banicioiu, Minister of Health
* Rovana Plumb, Minister of Labour, Family, Social Protection and the Elderly
* Dan Sova, Minister of Transport
* Gabriela Szabo, Minister of Youth and Sport
* Adriana-Doina Pana, Minister Delegate for Water, Forests and Fisheries
* Florin-Nicolae Jianu, Minister Delegate for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises, Business Climate and Tourism
* Razvan-Eugen Nicolescu, Minister Delegate for Energy
* Eugen Nicolicea, Minister Delegate for Liaison with Parliament
* Bogdan Stanoevici,Minister Delegate for Romanian Diaspora
* Aurelia Cristea, Minister Delegate for Social Dialogue
The Chamber of Deputies and Senate in a joint plenary sitting on Tuesday passed a resolution on the modification of the structure and political composition of the Government of Romania.
President Traian Basescu on Wednesday signed a decree on removing the ministers and designating the new Government members, that was then published in the Official Journal.AGERPRES